Welding Engineering Laboratories, The Ohio State University
The Welding Engineering Laboratories is Herrick Archives Building Number 044. It was located at 190 W. 19th Avenue. This building was originally named the Shops Building in 1917, and renamed in 1968.
Plans and related documents for the original building were prepared by Joseph N. Bradford, and the general contractor was Dawson Construction Co. The building was substantially completed in late 1916 and occupied by the Department of Industrial Arts. Additions to this building were prepared by Howard Dwight Smith and completed by Haig M. Boyajohn and Associates in 1948, and Joseph Skilken and Co. in 1950.
This site is now occupied by the Physics Research Building. Ground was broken for that project on May 17, 2002.