North and Central America->United States->Ohio->Franklin (county)->Worthington
In 1803, Worthington, Ohio was settled by a group of families from the Farmington River Valley from Connecticut and Massachusetts. The village was designed as a New England village in the form of a village green with 164 spacious town lots for homes of businesses and craftsmen surrounded by farm lots. The predominate architecture of old Worthington represents the early nineteenth century.
Modern Worthington maintains its New England character. The population of Worthington Ohio is approx. 15,100 residents.
The oldest portion of the Worthington Inn was built as a home for the family of Rennsselaer W. Cowles, a Worthington merchant and civic leader. Located at 649 North High street, the Inn (this image) has been in business since 1831 and has had significant additions which reflect the changing architectural tastes of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Its Victorian decor reflects its status as Worthington's only remaining nineteenth-century inn. Today, it is one of central Ohio's most significant landmarks and is rated among the most distinguished small hotels in America.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Worthington, North High street, hotels and public accommodations, commercial structures, restaurants. Submitted by Misun Hur.