Architect/engineer: 1995; Documents approved: 1997 & 1998; Construction began: 1998; Completion: 2000; Dedication: 2000.
The Younkin Success Center is show here as Herrick Archives Building number PH 052. It is located at 1640 Neil Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. The Board of Trustees officially named the building the "Younkin Success Center" on September 1, 1999. The building was named after Floyd Younkin for a $2 million gift from his family. Neil Hall was demolished to obtain the square footage for academic athletic/support offices, study spaces, counseling and consultation services, and a student-learning center.
The building contains an academic learning lab, a resource library, Career Connection, Student Athlete Support Services, counseling and consultation service, and faculty and TA Development. Commercial space also occupies part of the first floor. Internal spaces include: The Jim & Karen Davidson Conference Room, The David Adamkin Conference Room, The State Auto Insurance Academic Mall, The Douglas & Elizabeth Cole Conference Room, The Archie Griffin Tutoring Room, Fergus Computer Laboratory, Hazelbaker Classroom, and The Jameson Crane Study Hall.
Steel frame masonry skin. Four floors plus a basement.
Architect: Philip Markwood Architects, Inc. (Columbus, Ohio)
General Contractor: John James Estes (Columbus, Ohio)
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, plans, site plans, institutional buildings, school buildings, university or college buildings.