13th Century (original structure);1945 (destroyed);1965-1969 (rebuilt)
Altes Rathaus (Town Hall) is located on the eastern side of the Alter Markt (old market) in Magdeburg. It is a two-story, sandstone structure was built in the Dutch Renaissance style. The bronze doors of the Town Hall were designed by sculptor Heinrich Apel .
Keywords: Germany, Saxony-Anhalt, Magdeburg (national district), Magdeburg, Magdeburger, sandstone, public buildings, public market place, traditional market. Submitted by Hazel Morrow-Jones.