Europe->Germany->Bavaria->Munich->Amalienburg, Schloss Nymphenburg
At age eight, Francois de Cuvillies the Elder was a court dwarf in the service of the Elector Maximillian II Emanuel of Bavaria. He was eventually sent to architecture school in Paris and returned to Munich in 1724. He became court architect in 1725 and designed Amalienburg as a hunting pavilion on the grounds of Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg) in 1734. It was built for the Electress Maria Amalia, wife of the Elector Karl VII of Bavaria. More information found here
Submitted by Jacqueline Gargus for ARCH 601.