Europe->Germany->Bavaria->Munich->Badenburg, Schloss Nymphenburg
The 200 acre (800,000 mÂ²) park, once an Italian garden (1671), which was enlarged and rearranged in French style by Dominique Girard, a pupil of Le Notre, was finally redone in the English manner in early 19th century by landscape architect Friedrich Ludwig von Sckell, who also designed the Englischer Garten. He softened the originally rather harsh lines of the French layout and modelled the grounds after a landscape garden in English style. He retained the sections along the central axis - the basic structure of the parterre and the central canal with the cascade - and replaced the original geometric axis and avenue system with natural design elements. Two lakes are situated on both sides of the canal.
More information here
17th Century (1600 - 1699 CE) 18th Century (1700 - 1799 CE)