Baker Hall is shown here as Herrick Archives building number 095. Initially, Baker was designed as a men's dormitory on The Ohio State University campus. Later it was occupied by women until they moved to Bradley (097) and Patterson (103) in January 1955. On September 7, 1959 the Board of Trustees awarded contracts for remodeling Baker Hall to convert the building to a coeducational dormitory with women in the east end and men in the west (architect's project number 5902).
General contractor for original building: E. Elford & Son
General contractor for 1st addition: Frank Messer B. Sons, Inc.
General contractor for 2nd addition: Garwick & Ross, Inc.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, plans, institutional buildings, school buildings, residential structures, housing, group dwellings.