Ca' d'Oro, Venice, Italy


Related people
Zachary Snyder (was created by)
Bartolomeo Bono (sculptor)
Bartolomeo Bono (was created by)
Date
1424-36
Description
Designed by Giovanni and Bartolomeo Bono, and Matteo Roverti for the wealthy merchant Marino Contarini. It is called Ca' D'Oro (The Golden House) because of the abundant gilding that once decorated the façade. Asymmetrical façade with polychrome marble decorations, a portico on the ground floor, loggia on the first and second floor and cornice with elaborate tracery. Today it houses the Giorgio Franchetti Gallery. Keywords: Italy, Venezia, Venice, residential structures, housing, boats, water. Submitted by Zachary Snyder.
Style/Period
15th Century (1400 - 1499 CE)
Material
marble