The Cadillac Ranch, located along historic Route 66, was built in 1974. It was commissioned by Stanley Marsh III, the helium millionaire who owns the field where it is installed.
"Marsh and The Ant Farm, a San Francisco art collective, assembled used Cadillacs representing the "Golden Age" of American Automobiles (1949 through 1963). The ten graffiti-covered cars are half-buried, nose-down, facing west "at the same angle as the Cheops' pyramids." --www.texasoutside.com
Keywords: United States, Texas, Potter County, Amarillo. Submitted by Jennifer E Cowley.