Caldwell Laboratory is located at 2024 Neil Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. It is listed as Herrick ID: 026. The original structure has been augmented twice. A portion of this building was originally constructed as part of Journalism (Building 026). Alternate names noted are the "Electrical Engineering Building" and the "Electrical Engineering Research Facility". The type of construction is reinforced concrete and steel frame with a brick exterior. The building has 4 stories and a basement. As of June, 1971 the cost of Caldwell Lab was $1,337,673.55
1949-1950 Architects for original building: Sims, Cornelius, and Schooley
1959-1960 Architects for the 1st addition: Bellman, Gillet, and Richards
1965 Architects for the 2nd addition: Tully and Hobbs
1949 General contractors for original building: Huber, Hunt and Nichols
1957 General contractors for 1st addition: Knowlton Construction Co.
1965 General contractors for 2nd addition: D.E. Gardner Co.