Chemistry Building No. 1 was located on West Seventeenth Avenue between Bohannan and Sherman Roads (roughly in front of and on the site of the current Brown Hall) on the Ohio State University campus. The architect was J. T. Harris; the general contractor was Clark and Fahey. The structure burned February 12, 1889 and was subsequently demolished.
Chemistry Building #1 was also known as Chemical Hall or Chemical Laboratory.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, OSU, Herrick Archives building number H 113 institutional buildings, school buildings. University Archives # X1416.