View of original building with the 1971 addition to the existing museum by Marcel Breuer. This addition houses educational facilities and special exhibition galleries. It also serves as the north entrance.
Original building: 1916; Breuer addition: 1971
North and Central America->United States->Ohio->Cleveland
The Cleveland Museum of Art was originally a Beaux Arts building designed in 1916 by architects Hubbell and Benes. The building now includes 70 galleries, a large auditorium, lecture and recital halls, classrooms, a museum store and cafe and an outdoor sculpture court. The museum is located in the Fine Arts Garden, a 15-acre public, landscaped park designed by the Olmsted Brothers firm.
Keywords: Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States, exhibitions and exhibition structures, buildings, outdoor spaces, gardens, sculpture. Submitted by Nina Thomson.