Original building- Plans approved: 1917, Completion: 1918; 239669- Plans approved: June 1938, Completion: September 1938
The Communications Laboratory is Herrick Archives Number 019. It was located at 215 West 19th Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. It was constructed with a wood frame, including wood trusses for sawtooth roof and brick exterior. The building was enlarged once. Also, the University radio station occupied the north end of the building starting in the 1920s. It was demolished in 1992.
Original Building General Contractor: E.H. Latham; Architect: Joseph N. Bradford
Addition General Contractor: Trapp-Carroll Co.; Architect: H.D. Smith
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, site plans, institutional buildings, school buildings.