Construction on Crathes Castle was started in 1553 and was not completed until 1596. In the 18th Century the east wing was added. The castle stayed in the hands of the Burnetts until 1951 when it was given to the National Trust for Scotland. In 1966, the Queen Anne wing of the castle was destroyed by a fire.
16th Century (1500 - 1599 CE) 18th Century (1700 - 1799 CE)