Evans Hall is shown here as Herrick Archives Building number 995. It is located at 520 King Avenue on the Ohio State University campus. It was named Evans Hall after Robert Evans, County Coroner from 1949-75.
The building was designed by Dan A. Carmichael and was constructed for the Board of County Commissioners. The Board of Trustees on September 6, 1974 agreed to lease for forty years a site of approximately one acre to the County Commissioners for the construction of this building. A copy of the lease appears in the Board of Trustees minutes for July 11, 1975. It is a steel frame structure with brick exterior. It is also known as the Robert A. Evans Forensic Sciences Laboratory.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University (site), drawings and/or plans, institutional buildings, school buildings, university or college buildings.