Farm Barn 1 is shown here as Herrick Archives number 972. The original address was 2772 Case Road until May 1977 when it was changed to 1772 W. Case Road. This building was not officially named by the Board of Trustees.
The building was on the property when acquired by the University. Title to the property passed to the University by warranty deed executed December 15, 1953 by W. Henry Gable. There had been a house east of the barn prior to the property being passed to the University. This building was razed in January 1983.