This church is located at 873 Bryden Road, Columbus, Ohio. Also known as the First African Methodist Episcopal Church, the structure features a tall northeast corner tower, dominating gables, a low round tower with a conical "dunce cap" roof, and a low octagonal tower with a pyramidal roof. The interior offers a rotunda like feel with a semi-circular classroom area to the rear of the sanctuary. The sanctuary also feature a large circular stained glass skylight in the center. The design is described as the "Akron Plan."
keywords: Cross, dome, religious symbols, pews, altar.
1900s (1900 - 1909) Romanesque Revival
stone and/or rock stained glass limestone
Architecture Columbus. (1976). Columbus, Ohio: Foundation of the Columbus Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. p. 194.