Hagerty Hall is located at 1775 College Road on the Ohio State University campus and was originally known as the Commerce and Journalism building. The architect for the original building was Joseph N. Bradford and the general contractor was E. H. Latham. The College of Business occupied the building until 1998.
With the move of the Fisher College of Business to new facilities, Hagerty Hall was gutted and renovated to accommodate the College of Humanities. The Board of Trustees approved capital budget recommendations for the renovation of Hagerty Hall in the amount of $18.5 million on July 11, 1997. Trustees authorized the university to seek construction bids February 5, 1999. The architects were Wandel & Schnell Architects, Inc. in collaboration with Leers Weinzapfel Associates. Miles-McClellan Construction Co. was the general contractor. The renovation was completed in 2005, with a grand re-opening event on January 10, 2005.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, OSU, institutional buildings, school buildings. Herrick Archives number 037. University Archives Folder 43-1.