Built in 1857 by Thomas Cubitt, Hay's Wharf became known as the 'Larder of London' because it was a landing spot for deliveries from ships from all over the world. The great Hay's Wharf complex has been restored and the warehouses have been converted to restaurants, offices, apartments, a shopping center and an art gallery. At the center is David Kempe's sculpture 'The Navigators.'
St Olave's House was designed by H.S. Goodhart-Rendel and was completed in 1932. It was once the headquarters of Hay's Wharf.