Johnston Laboratory is located at 176 West 19th Avenue on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus, Ohio. It is a reinforced concrete frame construction with brick exterior. It has four floors (no basement) and a total gross area of 30,362 sq. ft. and net area of 18,890 sq. ft. The laboratory was officially in full use beginning May 1943.
List of contractors:
General - Knowlton Construction Co.
Electrical - Electric Power Equipment Co.
Heating - J.F. Oelgoetz Co.
Plumbing - North Side Plumbing Co.
Elevator - Capital Elevator & Manufacturing Co.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, OSU, Defense Research Lab, Johnson Lab, Engineering Experiment Station, War Research Building, institutional buildings. Submitted by Keoni Fleming for ARCH 627.