This view is from a bordering alleyway over vendor stalls. The cemetery is part of the Jewish quarter of Prague and was begun in 1478. The small size of the cemetery dictated burial of deceased in layers. There are 12 layers within the cemetery with an estimate of 100,000 burials. The cemetery was closed to additional burials in 1787.
Keywords: Czech Republic_access, Stredocesky, ceremonial and/or religious structures, complexes, Jewish. Submitted by Bradford P. Collett.