Johnston Laboratory is located at 176 West 19th Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. It is listed as Herrick Archives Building 074. This building has four floors plus a small penthouse. There is no basement. This building was officially named the "Herrick L. Johnston Laboratory."
Alternate names for this building are as follows:
War Research Laboratory
Defense Research Laboratory
Research Laboratories Building
Addition to Engineering Experiment Station
Addition to Highway Testing Laboratory
1943 Architect: H.D. Smith,
1943 General Contractor: Knowlton Construction Co.