Knight House (Faculty Residence No. 2), The Ohio State University
The Knight House was located at what would have been 55 South Oval Drive. The architect was J. T. Harris. The house was occupied by Professors Short, Tuttle, and Knight, in that order. Professor McPherson occupied the house from 1901-2 through 1907-8. It was a wood frame structure with brick exterior. It is Herrick Archives number H 111. It was demolished in 1911.
The University built three faculty residences in 1882 south of 15th Avenue between High Street and the Oval. They were generally known by the names of their occupants. They were all constructed in 1882 and demolished between 1909 and 1949.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, OSU, Herrick Archives building number H 110, institutional buildings, school buildings, multistory buildings, masonry unit construction, residential structures, housing, houses. University Archives Image # X2771.