Renovations and additions in 1869, 1894, 1930, the 1970s and 80s, and 2006
Krakow Glowny, or Krakow Main Train Station, is made up of several different buildings. The original structure was completed in 1847 and is parallel to the tracks. Major expansions and renovations took place in 1869, 1894, and 1930. The platforms and train station received an overhaul in the 1970s and 80s, giving them a communist look. In 2006, a new shopping mall, Galerie Krakowska, was added to the station.