Lane Manor


Date
1958;1995 ca.
Description
Lane Manor is Herrick Archives Numbers 191. It was located at 300 West Lane Avenue on The Ohio State University campus. This property was acquired by the Ohio State University Housing Commission by purchase from Harold and Jeasie Zieg. Although this apartment building was intended for faculty housing, relatively few of the tenants were faculty members. The building was also used for sponsored research. The address is now used by Wendell's Bar and Grille. According to the Columbus Dispatch, OSU Trustees approved the demolition of the 50-unit student apartment building at 296-306 W. Lane Ave., known as Lane Manor, in July 1995, citing the poor repair of the building.
Style/Period
1920s (1920 - 1929)