This structure is located at 1659 North High Street on the Ohio State University campus. It is shown here as Herrick Archives Number 049. Original building: plans prepared by Potter, Tyler, Martin and Roth; general contractor: F & Y Building Service, Inc.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, drawings, plans, site plans, insitutional buildings, school buildings, university or college buildings.
"A second addition to the law school unifies the two existing parts and creates an identity for a new whole. The new building form is generated by its prominent location on campus and by recognizing the limited site and site set-backs. The site is the first view of the campus many visitors will encounter, and as such, it acts as an introduction or gateway to the larger campus beyond; it literally points toward the center of campus--the Oval.
The faceted building form, with its elongated exterior walls, allows ample daylight inside. The pattern of the punctured windows is determined by the amount of light required in certain areas. The limestone and bronze exterior responds to the prevailing campus vernacular and to the existing structure of the law school." (Birkerts, 1994)