North and Central America->United States->Ohio->Franklin (county)->Columbus
The Married Housing Recreation Hall (shown here) is Herrick Archives Building Number 834. Brought to campus from the Richmond Indiana Air Base, this building was constructed in 1947 as part of the temporary married student housing (Herrick Archives Number H 458) and was retained when the new married student housing units were built (Herrick Archives Number 801/33).
The building was gutted by fire on February 6, 1973 and boarded up. The residents voted on July 6, 1973 to raze the north end of the damaged building and restore the south end. Demolition of the north end was completed the first week of the Autumn Quarter of 1973.
The building remained in use until it was demolished in late 2002 or early 2003 to make way for the Student Family Community Center at Buckeye Village.