Located at 140 West 8th Avenue on the Ohio State University campus. General contractor: D. W. McGrath and Sons. Herbert Baumer, chief of design in the University Architect's office under Bradford, was primarily responsible for the design of this building.
This document is housed in the Knowlton School of Architecture Archives in Knowlton Hall, The Ohio State University. It is one of the many pieces in The Herbert H. Baumer Collection. The collection includes work from his architectural practice, sketches and drawings, work from his time in France, academic files and course work, personal files, military files, financial files, correspondences, photographs, and miscellaneous objects.
Herbert Baumer was a professor at The Ohio State University's Knowlton School of Architecture from 1922 to 1956, excluding the time he spent on military leave in France during World War II, 1942 to 1945.
Before his time at Ohio State, Baumer worked as a draftsman and architect in the Office of the Chief Engineer of the Panama Canal from 1906 to 1910. Shortly after in 1910 Baumer entered the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris, where he lived until he returned to the United States eleven years later. In 1922 Baumer accepted a double appointment as Assistant University Architect and Professor of architecture. Baumer became an AIA Fellow in 1964
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin county, Columbus, views, institutional buildings, multistory buildings.