Mershon Auditorium was originally assigned the address 30 West 15th Avenue. Currently, it is assigned the address 1871 North High Street on The Ohio State University campus. It is Herrick ID: 055. A "Music Addition", also known as Weigel Hall, was added in the 1970s. It is steel frame construction with limestone and brick exterior. It has a basement plus 6 stories. The auditorium itself consist of a main floor and a balcony.
1957 Architect for original building: Bellman, Gillette and Richards
1977- Architect for the "Music Addition": Eschliman Associates
1957 General Contractor for original building: Frank Messer & Sons, Inc.
1977- General Contractor for "Music Addition": Sherman Smoot.