The museum's original building was designed in 1924. In 1953, the MFAH commissioned Meis Van der Rohe to create a master plan for the institution. He designed two additions to the building - Cullinan Hall, completed in 1958, and the Brown pavilion, completed in 1974. The Caroline Wiess Law Building is one of only two Meis-designed museums in the world.
--info from Museum of Fine Arts, Houston website.
Keywords: Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States, exhibitions and exhibition structures, exhibition buildings, views. Submitted by John McMorrough.