The National Museum of Finland, or Suomen Kansallismuseo in Finnish, is a national treasury of historical artifacts that present Finnish life from prehistoric times to the modern times. It was built between 1905 and 1910, but was officially open to the public in 1916. This structure was designed by Finnish architects Herman Gesellius, Armas Lindgren, and Eliel Saarinen in the National Romantic style, an architectural style that epitomizes Finnish culture. It officially became the National Museum of Finland after the Finns gained independence from the Russian Empire in 1917.
This image was taken in 1996 by John Schooley, FAIA, during an architectural tour of Finland.