North and Central America->United States->Ohio->Franklin (county)->Columbus
The Ohio Union is located at 1739 North High Street on the Ohio State University campus. It was a steel frame construction with brick exterior and included a basement and four floors with a penthouse for mechanical equipment. It was enlarged four times. The construction of this building resulted from a student petition signed by 14,235 students. It was presented to the Board of Trustees on March 3, 1947. The project was approved and a site selected at the September 5, 1947 board meeting.
Architect for original building: Bellman, Gillett and Richards; General contractor: Struck Construction Co.
First addition: Benham, Richards and Armstrong; General contractor: Altman-Coady Co.
Second addition: George Clark; General contractor: E. J. Will & Co.
Third addition: Richards, Bauer and Moorehead; General contractor: Garwick & Ross, Inc.
The untitled reliefs on the Ohio Union Building were by sculptor Marshall M. Fredericks.
This building is known as Herrick Archives building number 058.