The Old Palace (Stari Dvor in Serbian), was originally built as the official residence for the King of Serbia, Milan Obrenovic. The palace was built between 1881 and 1884 by Aleksandar Bugarski in the style of 19th century Academism. Today it houses the Assembly of the City of Belgrade.
This image was taken in 1970 by John Schooley, FAIA, during an Urban America tour. Urban America tours allowed architects and planners to visit New Towns and meet professionals involved in their planning and continued development.
Submitted by John Schooley, FAIA.