Between 1926 and 1931, the Parliament building was constructed under J. S. Siren's design. Standing by itself on Arcadia Hill, it was designed in the classic style of the 1920s with fourteen Corinthian columns made of reddish Kalvola granite. Primarily, Finnish materials were used for the building and furniture. The building houses the Finnish legislature, which has one of the world's highest proportions of women.
Keywords: Finland, Etela-Suomen Laani, Helsinki, stone, public buildings, Parliament of Finland, Eduskuntatalo, public buildings, government buildings. Submitted by Samuel Rosenthal.