When the Perkins Observatory was first established in 1931, it was the third largest in the world with the 69-inch Perkins Telescope. Construction was completed by the Warner and Swasey Company of Ohio. The observatory is located on State Route 23 in Delaware, Ohio, and is owned and operated by Ohio Wesleyan University. The Ohio State University used the facilities for research from 1935-1998.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Delaware County, OSU, research structures, observatories. Submitted by Misun Hur.