The Picnic Shelter is Herrick Archives Number 313. It is located at 1929 Cannon Drive on The Ohio State University campus. This building was acquired on a purchase order and constructed between August and October of 1968 as a temporary boathouse pending completion of new facilities in the Drake Union (Herrick Archives Building 296). During the final two months of 1975 this building was converted from a boathouse to a picnic shelter by Ohio Staters, Inc.
The structure has also been known as the Drake Union Riverbank Picnic Shelter.