Pomerene Hall is located at 1760 Neil Avenue on the Ohio State University campus. Architect: Joseph N. Bradford; General contractor: Robert H. Evans Co. The building is constructed with a reinforced concrete frame with brick exterior.
For many years this building served as a "women's building." It has also been called "women's union." It accommodated women's physical education offices and classes, the dean of women's offices, and lounges and meeting rooms used primarily by women. Later, it included the Pomerene Refectory, a food service unit operated by the School of Home Economics and serving the general campus population. The shift of the dean of men's offices to the building in the summer of 1957 made it fully coeducational.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, OSU, Herrick Archives building number 067, institutional buildings, school buildings. University Archives folder 51.