Warning: array_reduce() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/app/lib/ca/Attributes/Values/LengthAttributeValue.php on line 189

Warning: array_reduce() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/app/lib/ca/Attributes/Values/LengthAttributeValue.php on line 189
Knowlton School Digital LibraryWorkQuonset Huts 242-248, The Ohio State University [44205]

Quonset Huts 242-248, The Ohio State University


Related person
Roth-Schenker Corp. (architect)
Date
1947 (accepted for use by The Ohio State University)
Description
Quonset Huts 242-248 were Herrick Archives Numbers 242-248. The structures were located at the rear of Poultry Administration Building on Fyffe Road, with addresses of 2177 through 2191 Fyffe Rd. on The Ohio State University campus. These buildings were war surplus buildings erected on the campus as temporary buildings after World War II. They were constructed by the Roth-Schenker Corp. for the Federal Works Agency and used primarily for poultry as part of the Veterans Educational Facilities, Building IV. Building 242 was constructed as the "Poultry Market Processing Laboratory", and Buildings 243 - 248 were constructed as "Brooder Laboratories".
Style/Period
1940s (1940 - 1949)
Measurements
36 ft ()
16 ft ()