North and Central America->United States->Minnesota->New Brighton
The Royal Pavilion began as a simple farmhouse. In 1787, Henry Holland extended the original farmhouse into a Neo-classical building known as the 'Marine Pavilion'. From 1815-1823 John Nash used new technology to transform the Pavilion into the Indian style building that exists today. He enlarged the building and added the domes and minarets that characterize his design by superimposing a cast iron framework over Holland's Marine Pavilion. -- from http://www.royalpavilion.org.uk/palace/architecture.html).
Keywords: Brighton and Hove, England, United Kingdom, exhibition structures. Photographed by Robert Livesey.