Saint Nicholas Church (Sfantul Nicolae din Scheii Brasovului, also known as Biserica Sfantul Nicolae) was originally built of wood in 1392 and replaced by the stone church in 1495 by the Wallachian prince Neagoe Basarab, who supported the Romanian community in Brasov. The church of Saint Nicholas was the first Orthodox Church to be built in Transylvania.
This image was taken in 1970 by John Schooley, FAIA, during an Urban America tour. Urban America tours allowed architects and planners to visit planned communities and meet professionals involved in their planning and continued development.
Keywords: Romania, Brasov (County), Brasov, ceremonial and religious structures. Submitted by John Schooley, FAIA.
Medieval (c. 300 CE - 1399 CE) 15th Century (1400 - 1499 CE)