This abbey church dedicated to St. Bernard of Clairvaux (founder of the Cistercian Order) was built in 1598 in a rotunda of the Baths of Diocletian. It is located on the Piazza San Bernardo. The interior of the dome is decorated with octagonal coffers, and at the apex is an oculus, an opening that allows light to enter the church.
Keywords: St Bernard's at the Baths, Italy, Roma, ceremonial and/or religious structures, outdoor spaces, plaza, transportation vehicles, cars. Submitted by Kay Bea Jones.