The Staatliche Antikensammlungen, a neoclassical building at KÃ¶nigsplatz was established in 1848. The building was designed by Georg Friedrich Ziebland and is used for housing and exhibiting state antiquities. It was destroyed during World War II and was rebuilt and reopened to the public in 1967.
This image was taken in 2001 by John P. Schooley, FAIA, during the 'Berlin: Building the New City' tour. This tour was planned for architects and planners so that they could see first-hand how this once-divided city emerged from the Cold War to become a leading commercial and cultural center in Europe.
Submitted by John Schooley, FAIA.