Steeb Hall, The Ohio State University


Date
1958;1960
Description
Steeb Hall is shown here as Herrick Building Number 141. Named in memory of Carl E. Steeb, Business Manager and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, this dorm is located at 70 West 11th Avenue. One of the South Dorms, Steeb Hall was completed as Building No. 4, East Addition to Baker Hall, and was part of the 11th Avenue Residence Halls for Men. Plans and related documents were prepared by W.E. Linch, University Architect, and the general contractor was Garwick & Ross, Inc. The building was ready for occupancy on December 22, 1960, and the first students moved in for Winter Quarter of 1961. From its opening, this building was used as a dormitory for men.