Original construction: 1912-1914; additions: 1926, 1929, 1950; Renovations 1973, 1991
Located at 1813 North High Street on The Ohio State University campus, Sullivant Hall was originally constructed by the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, which is now known as the Ohio Historical Society. The building was completed and accepted by the Society in December of 1913. It was dedicated on May 30, 1914 and officially named "Joseph Sullivant Hall" by Board of Trustees on December 4, 1970 in honor of Joseph Sullivant. The Ohio Historical Society transferred the title to the building to The Ohio State University on October 30, 1970.
The building was constructed by using a steel frame with limestone exterior. It consists of three stories and a basement and was built in four sections. The building was originally occupied by the Ohio Historical Society, included a wing devoted to the war memorial, and later an expansion for the Department of Dance. It also consolidated the West Campus Learning Resources Center with the Undergraduate Library.
It currently houses the Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum with a renovation completion date of 2013.
1912-1914 Architect for the Original Building: Joseph N. Bradford
1926 Architects for the 1st Addition: Joseph N. Bradford, and Herbert Baumer
1929 Architects for the 2nd Addition: Joseph N. Bradford, and Herbert Baumer
1950 Architects for the 3rd Addition: Sims, Cornelius and Schooley
1973 Architect for the 1973 Renovation: Hollie W. Shupe
1991 Architect for the 1991 Renovation: Not listed
1912-1914 General Contractor for the Original Building: Dawson Construction Co.
1926 General Contractors for the 1st Addition: D. W. McGrath & Sons
1929 General Contractors for the 2nd Addition: Robert H. Evans & Co.
1950 General Contractors for the 3rd Addition: Sheaf Construction Co.
1973 General Contractors for the 1973 Renovation: Payt Construction Co.
1991 General Contractors for the 1991 Renovation: Gutknect Construction Co.