A medieval-looking building, the 'Tafelrond', is located between the Saint Peter's Church and the town hall at Grote Markt. This neogothic replica of a 15th century guild hall is now used as the Leuven branch of the Belgian National Bank. It was built in 1927 after the original one had been destroyed during the First World War. (information from http://www.trabel.com/leuven/leuven-othermonuments.htm)
Keywords: Belgium, Flanders, Vlaams-Brabant, Louvain, Louven, commercial structures, banks, social and civic buildings, societies' buildings, guildhalls. Submitted by Hazel Morrow-Jones.