The visible ruins belong to the last temple, dating to the 4th century B.C.E., which was peripteral, and of the Doric order. It was erected on the remains of an earlier temple dating from the 6th century B.C.E. Inside was the "adyton", the center of the Delphic oracle and seat of Pythia. The temple was partially restored from 1938-1941.
The Archivision Collection of Ancient Sites was funded by the Jack Martin Balcer Library Endowment.
Keywords: Greece, Central Greece and Euboea, Phocis, Delphi, Ancient Greek, Mediterranean. Photographed by Scott Gilchrist, Archivision.