This unidentified house is shown here as Herrick Archives number H 131. It was presumed to be located on the site of present day Sullivant Hall on the Ohio State University campus. This map from 1902 is the only map showing this structure.
From John Herrick's notes: No other map has been found showing a house at this location, no person has been located who recalls the house, and no reference to a house at this location has been found. The general outline of the house as depicted on this map is similar, though not identical to, the outline of the Thomas House (H 112) when it stood north of Hagerty Hall (037). [This map] was prepared in 1900, which is previous to the year the Thomas House was moved to High Street south of West Seventeenth Avenue. A reasonable hypothesis is that the new location for H 112 was not known with certainty when the map was drawn, and that H 131 is the Thomas House shown at a proposed location.
Key: (288) Ohio Union; (55) Mershon Auditorium; (H 110) Kauffman House; (106) Sullivant Hall.
Keywords: United States, Ohio, Franklin County, Columbus, The Ohio State University, OSU, institutional structures, residential structures, housing.