This building was originally called Union Arcade and was designed to house 240 shops, facing two four-story open arcade spaces and 700 offices. In 1923 the Union Trust Company remodeled the building. The style of the building is Flemish Gothic of the period around 1500. The ornamentation is done mainly in stone-colored and white terra cotta.
Keywords: United States, Pennsylvania, Allegheny County, Pittsburgh, commercial structures, views. Submitted by Kara Gustafson.