The Legal Research Building and the Law Quadrangle were designed by the New York-based firm York & Sawyer. Partners Edward Palmer York (1865-1927) and Philip Sawyer (1868-1949) had both trained in the office of McKim, Mead & White.
"The Reading Room is graced with sixty-foot vaulted cathedral ceilings, tracery stained-glass windows, oak wainscoting, and cork floors for quiet passage. The Reading Room was designed to seat just over 500 patrons. The Center for International and Comparative Law and several of the School's law clinics are housed here." --http://www.law.umich.edu/virtualtour/legalresearch/reading-room.htm
Keywords: United States, Michigan, Washtenaw County, institutional buildings, libraries, archives, or information centers, interior spaces/ building divisions, chandeliers. Submitted by Sandipan Aditya.