Warning: array_reduce() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/app/lib/ca/Attributes/Values/LengthAttributeValue.php on line 189
Knowlton School Digital LibraryWorkVan de Graaff Laboratory [64307]

Van de Graaff Laboratory


Related person
W.E. Linch (designer)
Date
1958 (original);1965 (first addition);1968 (second addition)
Description
The Van de Graaf Laboratory is located at 1302 Kinnear Road on the Ohio State University campus. It is shown here as Herrick Archives Building Number 137. Part of the Ohio State University Research Center, this building was originally financed as an addition to the physics building. The original building was designed by W.E. Linch and completed in 1958 with E.J. Will & Co. as the general contractor. A first addition was substantially completed in 1963 with the same architect and general contractor, and a second addition was completed in 1968 with plans and related documents prepared by Hollie W. Shupe and Payt Construction Co. as the general contractor.
Style/Period
1950s (1950 - 1959)
1960s (1960 - 1969)
Material
Steel frames
Concrete blocks (exterior)
Measurements
13,714 ft ()